Snow on the Mountains!!
Well I’ve relented… We are now the proud owners of an electric blanket but I want it on the record that I still think it’s a dangerous bedfellow (just so someone could theoretically stand weeping over our charred remains and say ‘Well, she was right’). Sorry for the delay between blogs but to tell the truth, not a lot has been happening (though I will still be able to rant for a while in case you were worried this would only be short J). We have just finished drawing up the changes made to our drawings by the structural engineer. I will drop them off tomorrow for him to sign off on and then it’s off to council.
We have seen some exciting movement on the block though. We’ve had an excavator come and form an extension to our driveway. He formed an extra 120m which means our driveway is now 270m long (for those of you playing at home). Then he levelled the pad for our shed (after knocking over a few carefully selected trees L). It looks so different and now we can see that we have chosen the perfect spot! Greg (the excavator driver) was such a pro, I watched his every move, which was probably spooky for him but so so interesting for me. He was there for 2 days, on the second day a guy came with a roller and we had 12 truck loads of road base delivered for the entire length of the drive. And let me tell you, it is the most beautiful driveway I have ever seen! It’s not supposed to be a finished surface because so many trucks will be driving over it in the near future but it sure is pretty.
And at the end of the second day Greg even dug me the hole I’ve so been looking forward to having!!! I could write a whole page on how excited I am about the hole but Ill try to keep it to one sentence. It’s a hole… at the corner of the driveway/bottom of the slope, which has two stormwater runoffs running into it, which will… hopefully (fingers crossed) fill with water so I can fill it with fish and sit beside it and look at the fish... Ooo so exciting, but so far it just has a puddle because Tassie is having a bit of a drought. But fingers crossed.
So there’s the hole, the driveway, the levelled shed site… what else… Oh, We have had snow on the mountains!!! Yay, we have such a perfect view from our future house site. When I first saw it I had a bit of a cry. So beautiful, and I can’t believe that we own that view. I see only one problem which is that I’m guessing no one is going to come and visit us in winter so yall are gonna miss out on it. Heres a photo…
On the job front, Bernt has been offered a promotion to supervisor which will probably take effect some time in the next few months. He has been spoilt a bit going out for sea trials on the ferry they are nearly finished, getting to see seals, penguins and dolphins. We have got to remember to claim his seasickness tablets on tax though. I’m still hanging out at home most days, I keep gearing myself up to go to the block but I can find all kinds of excuses like it still being 2 degrees at 10 o’clock in the morning. We spend most weekends at the block working together, we’ve been having regular bonfires, doing a bit of cleaning up. I was terrified of the fire the first time but I’m getting used to it now; the marshmallows always help persuade me that another bonfire is a good idea. Every now and then we go into Hobart (usually when I start getting cabin fever). We haven’t had a chance to do much sightseeing so we will rely on people coming to visit as an excuse to explore. We did find a really awesome miniature golf place if anyone’s up for a round!

No comments:
Post a Comment